Today we’re beginning to test a new feature to help businesses drive sales through Facebook in News Feed and on Pages. With this feature, people on desktop or mobile can click the “Buy” call-to-action button on ads and Page posts to purchase a product directly from a business, without leaving Facebook.
Click your Page in the left menu. From your Page, click , then click Add Page Button. Select a button, then click Next. Follow the instructions on the screen.
NOTE: If you don’t see “+ Add a Button”, you may already have a button live. Facebook currently allows each page to have one button. If you need to make adjustments to this button, such as switch it from “Call Now” to “Shop Now”, hover over the button you have currently and select “Edit Button” to continue.
How to Add a CTA Button to Your Facebook Page
- Step 1: Log in and go to your business’ Facebook Page.
- Step 2: Click the “Create Call-to-Action” button. …
- Step 3: Choose the CTA button copy. …
- Step 4: Input the link you want the CTA to send users to. …
- Step 5: Select the destination for mobile users. …
- Step 6: Click “Create.”
A call to action (CTA) is a prompt on a website that tells the user to take some specified action. … In digital marketing this can take the form of the text on a button (a CTA button) or a web link and in email campaigns CTAs are often links to a webpage where the user can take further action.
Fill it in as follows:
- URL: Add the URL of your post, along with any tracking code.
- Post Text: This will appear above your post when published.
- Call To Action: Click here to choose which embed button you’d like to use: Shop Now, Learn More, Sign Up, Book Now, Download, etc.
How To Set Up “Shop Now” Button On Your Facebook Page
- Step 1: Click “Add a Button” below your Facebook cover photo.
- Step 2: Select the ‘Shop with you or make a donation button from the menu. …
- Step 3: Insert the website URL you want the button to direct to.
- Step 4: Check the link on your button.
To add a call-to-action button in Ads Manager:
- Go to Ads Manager.
- Click Create.
- Choose a marketing objective and click Continue.
- Choose the audience, placements, budget and schedule for the ad and click Continue.
- Select the Facebook Page and Instagram account (optional) representing the ad.
Design an image button
- Click Upload and select an image file from your device.
- Click Browse images to select an image from your file manager. From the slide-in pane, select an image to use as a CTA button.
- Adjust the Width and Height of the image button. …
- Enter an Alt text for the image.
CTAs look like buttons, but there is no specific “call to action” element. They are often just hyperlinks made to look like buttons so they stand out from the rest of the links on the page or site, and the user perceives them to be more important than other links.
To make a powerful call-to-action button, designers need to focus on the objectives standing behind it. A CTA with appropriate size, color, and placement quickly draws users’ interest and the sufficient microcopy encourages them to take the desired action.