You can still have the swipe up and link icon on Instagram Story without 10k followers, without having a business or verified account.
How to add a link to your Instagram story when you don’t have 10k followers.
- Use IGTV. IGTV is Instagram’s long form video platform. …
- Add shopping tags. If you are selling physical products then hopefully you are already utilising Instagrams shopping feature to tag your photos. …
- Pay to swipe.
There are currently only two ways to “earn” the option to add links into Instagram stories: Either have 10,000+ followers or have a verified account. … Instagram decides by their own (elusive) guidelines who is worthy of a verified badge and only gives it out to “some public figures, celebrities and brands.”
Follow the steps to take advantage of it!
- Add a picture on your Story.
- Include a call to action button design, such as “click here” Shop Now” etc.
- Add the @mention sticker over the added button.
- Set the sticker’s color.
- Mention the Instagram account you want to promote.
- Resize the mention.
How do you get the swipe up without 10k followers?
How to Get Swipe Up Feature on Instagram Without 10k Followers
- 7 Instagram Swipe Up Feature Alternatives You Should Try. …
- Create IGTV video and link in the caption. …
- Add IGTV video swipe up link to Instagram story. …
- Instagram story overlay technique. …
- Create a shoppable Instagram story.
The feature was previously limited to verified accounts or people with a certain number of followers. You can now add links to your Instagram Stories, regardless of your follower count or whether you’re verified. Now just about anyone on Instagram can add links in Stories.
Here’s what to do:
- Take a photo, or upload an image to your Story.
- In the Story editor, tap the link icon on the top of the screen (the one that looks like a chain).
- Tap +URL.
- Type in the URL of the website you want to link to.
- Tap “Done” on the upper right corner of the screen.
How to Add Swipe Up to Instagram Stories
- Check that you have 10,000 followers or a verified account.
- When uploading to your Instagram Story, click the icon at the top right that looks like a chain.
- Click “+ URL” to add a link to a web page.
- Type the URL into the text box.
- Click “Done” in the top right.
The bad news is that you can’t add a clickable link to just any post, but the good news is that you don’t have to meet any crazy requirements! Instagram allows sponsored and promoted posts to have clickable links. So if you want a link to go along with your post, you’re going to have to pay for it.