If you have the Facebook app on your iPhone, you’ve agreed to allow Facebook access to all your phone’s contacts. … Don’t worry, though; there’s an easy way to change this sharing setting and make the names and numbers in your Contacts app private again.
Can Facebook access your phone contacts?
You can only manage continuous contact uploading on the Android, iPhone, iPad or Facebook Lite apps. When continuous contact uploading is turned on, Facebook will automatically upload your contacts from your phone or tablet whenever you log into your Facebook account. In the top right of Facebook, tap .
How do I stop Facebook from seeing my contacts?
- Launch Facebook App.
- Tap menu button on the top right of the screen.
- Under “Settings & Privacy”, tap “Settings”.
- Scroll down to “Media and Contacts”, select “Media and Contacts”.
- Disable “Continuous Contacts Upload”.
How do I know if Facebook has access to my contacts?
Check for imported contacts using the Facebook website
- Click the down arrow in the upper right to open the menu.
- Click Settings > Your Facebook Information > Access Your Information.
- Under Information About You, click About You > Your Address Books.
What does it mean to allow Facebook to access your contacts?
These permissions allow you to import your phone’s contacts to Facebook and sync your Facebook contacts to your phone. Android permission (what you’ll see on your Android) Add or modify calendar events and send email to guests without owners’ knowledge. Examples of what we use this permission for.
How do I remove my Facebook contacts from iPhone?
Go to your “Settings” and select the “Facebook” entry, then disable the toggle labeled “Contacts”. This will erase all Facebook contacts from your locally stored address book. The contacts/friends themselves will remain active on Facebook, so don’t worry.
How do I stop apps from accessing my contacts?
- Go so Settings via the gear wheel icon.
- Select Apps.
- Select the gear wheel icon.
- Select App permissions.
- Select the permission of your choice.
- Disable the app’s permission.
Why does Facebook want access to my photos?
During the initial installation, Facebook asks to provide access to your photos. But since many users don’t read notifications carefully, they end up granting access to their photos gallery. In case you’re using the Facebook app on your phone or computer, it’s likely that it has access to your photos.