Can I stop someone seeing my messages on Messenger?
First, log in to your Facebook account, then click on the gear icon (‘Options’) at the bottom of the Chat sidebar. When a menu pops up, click on ‘Turn off Active Status. ‘ Then, select ‘Turn of Active Status for all contacts’ and click ‘Okay.
How do you stop someone from seeing your messages?
Block a conversation
- Open the Messages app .
- On the Home screen, touch and hold the conversation you want to block.
- Tap Block. OK.
When you block someone on Facebook do messages disappear?
When you block someone on messenger, they won’t be able to call you or send messages but they will still see the messages you sent prior to blocking them.
How do I ignore someone on messenger without them knowing?
How to Block Someone on Facebook Messenger (Android)
- Open Facebook Messenger.
- Tap Chats.
- Tap on the person’s name you wish to block on Facebook Messenger. This will open the conversation. Here tap the information icon.
- Now, scroll and look for the Block option.
- Tap it to Block selected contact on Messenger.
How do you make your messages private?
Follow these steps to hide text messages from your lock screen on an Android.
- Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Choose Apps & notifications > Notifications.
- Under the Lock Screen setting, choose Notifications on lock screen or On lock screen.
- Select Don’t show notifications.
How do I permanently delete Messenger messages on both sides?
Steps to Delete Facebook Messages From Both Sides
- On your phone, tap and hold the message you want to delete.
- Then select Remove.
- Tap the Unsend option when asked who you want to remove the message for.
- Confirm your choice when prompted to do so.
What is vanish mode on Messenger?
September 1, 2021. Messenger From Facebook offers an optional “Vanish Mode” that causes messages to automatically disappear from chats once they’ve been seen. When Vanish Mode is turned on for a chat, all “seen” messages will disappear when the user closes the chat.
How can I erase messages from Messenger?
- Open the Facebook Messenger app on your phone or desktop.
- Open a conversation with messages you’d like to delete.
- Press and hold on a message, or select the three dots menu icon on desktop.
- Select “remove” next to the message.