How do you add highlights on Instagram without adding to your story?
How to Add a Story to Highlights Without Adding It to Story
- Switch your Profile to Private.
- Block Everyone So They Can’t See Your Story.
- Upload the story you want.
- Add the story to your highlights.
- After 24 hours, unblock people so they can see your stories again.
Why can’t I post highlights on Instagram?
If Instagram highlights aren’t visible to you, begin by restarting your phone. At times, that is enough to restore the normal working of Instagram stories and highlights. For proper functioning of Instagram highlights, a setting known as Save to archive should be enabled. That saves your stories in your archive.
Can you post directly to highlights?
If you want to add a story from your gallery or camera roll directly to your Highlights, this wouldn’t be possible because Instagram only allows you to share a highlight based on what you’ve uploaded on Instagram stories and left for a full 24 hours.
How do you add highlights?
You can add more photos or videos to your highlight at any time by following these steps:
- Go to your profile and hold your finger pressed on the Highlight you want to edit.
- Tap Edit Highlight.
- Choose the stories you want to add and tap Done.
Create highlights to keep your best Story content at the top of your Instagram profile permanently.
- In your Story, tap Highlight in the bottom right corner.
- Choose the Highlight you want to add your Story to.
- Or, tap New to create a new Highlight, and type out a name for it. Then click Add.
How do you add highlights to Instagram photos?
Go to your profile and tap below ‘Stories Highlights’. Tap to select the Story (or Stories) you want to add to highlights, then tap ‘Next’. Choose a cover photo and enter a Story name for your highlight, then tap ‘Add’. You can add more photos or videos to your highlight at any time by tapping ‘Edit Highlight’.
How do I save a story to highlights?
Here is how to save an Instagram story in Highlights:
- Open the active story or go to your Archive and click on the saved stories.
- Click on the Highlight icon at the bottom of the story screen.
- Choose a Highlight category or just ‘Add new’
How do I highlight a story without posting it?
You need to go to Instagram Settings > Story Controls > Hide story from. Deselect Everyone. That’s how you can add Stories to Highlights without anyone seeing them.