Go to your profile. Tap Edit Profile. Type in your information and tap Done (iPhone), (Android) or Submit (computer and mobile browser). Keep in mind that if your account reaches a lot of people, your username change may need to be reviewed.
How do you change your display name on Instagram?
What to Know
- Go to your Profile page in the app and tap Edit Profile > Name or Username > type your new name > tap the blue checkmark.
- On a desktop, select Change name and then click Edit Profile on your Profile page. Type your new name in the Name field or Username field, and click Submit.
Why can’t I change my Instagram profile name?
Why won’t Instagram let me change my username? If Instagram won’t let you submit a new username, it’s likely because it doesn’t meet the requirements mentioned before. The most common error is related to that username being taken, so try another username.
Can I change my Instagram account name?
Instagram is a username free-for-all; you can alter your Instagram handle whenever you want, as many times as you want. There’s a difference between your username and your display name. The display name is on your profile below your avatar.
How many times can you change Instagram name?
On Instagram, you can change your name only twice and if you wish to change it back again, you will have to wait for 14 days.
How do you change your account name?
Edit your name
- On your Android phone or tablet, open your device’s Settings app .
- Tap Google. Manage your Google Account.
- At the top, tap Personal info.
- Under “Basic info,” tap Name Edit. . You may be asked to sign in.
- Enter your name, then tap Done.
How do I change my user name?
How to change your name
- On your computer, open Gmail.
- In the top right, click Settings. See all settings.
- Click the Accounts and Import or Accounts tab.
- Under “Send mail as,” click Edit info.
- Enter the name you want to show when you send messages.
- At the bottom, click Save changes.
How do you remove your personal name from Instagram?
Tap your Profile icon in the bottom-right corner. Next, tap “Edit Profile.” Tap the text box next to “Name,” and then tap the Delete icon (x) to remove your current display name. Now, type your new name.
What happens if I change my Instagram name?
What happens when you change your Instagram username? … When you change your username, the profile you have been promoting and linking to will essentially be gone. Every tagged post, comment, or like from your old username will lead to a profile that reads User Not Found.
Which is the best name for Instagram?
Best Instagram Names / Instagram Name Ideas