What do you do if someone steals your identity on Facebook?
Go to the profile of the impersonating account. If you can’t find it, try searching for the name used on the profile or asking your friends if they can send you a link to it. Tap below the cover photo and select Find Support or Report Profile. Follow the on-screen instructions for impersonation to file a report.
How can I get back my Facebook account?
To recover an old account:
- Go to the profile of the account you’d like to recover.
- Tap and select Find Support or Report Profile.
- Choose Something Else, then tap Next.
- Tap Recover this account and follow the steps.
Can you recover hacked FB account?
Send a recovery code to your phone or email address. … If it lets you, reset your email address. If not, go to facebook.com/hacked and choose “my account is compromised.” Enter your old password, choose “secure my account,” and select “I cannot access these.” If it lets you, reset your email address.
How do I contact Facebook support?
Different Ways to Contact Facebook Support
- firstname.lastname@example.org – This is the most general, basic support email. …
- email@example.com – You can use this email to contact Facebook to try to recover disabled or hacked accounts, if you need to reset your password, or if you’re having problems accessing a page.
How do I submit a report to Facebook?
In the top left of Facebook, tap your profile picture. Scroll to the bottom and select Report a Problem. Select the Facebook product you’re having a problem with. Describe your problem in the text box, including the steps you took to encounter the issue.
How long does it take Facebook to unlock an account?
The duration of a temporary Facebook lock typically lasts for 24 to 48 hours. Your account will be unlocked as soon as you complete the on-screen instructions.
How long will it take for Facebook to verify my identity?
Generally it takes from 30 minutes to 1 week. In some cases there is no response from Facebook support team for the long time (It depends on why they have blocked your account.)
Can I talk to a live person at Facebook?
Yes, you can contact and speak with a representative at Facebook. The social media network Facebook lets you connect with others around the world in real time via a live chat or through posting messages on member’s walls.
Can I Find My Facebook account by name?
You can search for your account by name, email address, or phone number. Follow the on-screen steps to reset the password for your account.
How can I recover my Facebook account using Gmail?
How to recover your Facebook account
- First, click on “Forgot account?” …
- You will be asked to search for your account, by either phone or email.
- If you type in your email address, you will have the option to receive the code via email.
- After choosing the email address option, you will receive a 6-digit number.
How do I email a complaint to Facebook?
It will talk you through a series of menus, with each option directing you to send an email to an appropriate account. These include press@FB.com for media inquiries and records@FB.com for law enforcement concerns.
How do I send a message to Facebook support?
Updated mobile browser experience
- From your News Feed, tap at the top.
- Choose who you want to message and type a message in the text box.
- Tap to send your message.
What is Facebook’s email address for support?
#5 Use direct email addresses
firstname.lastname@example.org – to solve financial issues with refunds, duplication, or repayment of Facebook credit. email@example.com – to contact the Facebook Law Enforcement Support Team. Another email that could be used for legal issues is firstname.lastname@example.org.