What do you say on a post when someone dies?
“I don’t know what to say but I am so sorry to hear this news.” “I am so sorry for your loss – you are in my thoughts.” “I’m so sad to hear this and I’m here if you need to talk.” “He/she was such a wonderful person/so selfless – full of positivity/kindness [whatever feels appropriate] – they will be hugely missed.”
Keep It Concise
- Full name of the deceased.
- Date of death.
- Cause of death (specific or general)
- Links to more detailed information such as an online obituary or memorial site.
- The date, time, and location of services if they have been planned (otherwise, add a statement that more information is forthcoming)
How do you send condolences on Facebook?
The proper way to show your condolences, should you choose to do so on Facebook, is to write something like, “I’m so sorry for your loss,” or even take it one step further and say, “So sorry for your loss.
Should you post on Facebook when someone dies?
“Don’t keep sharing posts that tag the deceased,” says Jacobson. “While you do need to mourn, and while you might feel you are honouring the memory of your loved one, others might find it disrespectful or an unnecessary reminder,” she says.
What can I say instead of sorry for your loss?
What Can I Say Instead of Sorry for Your Loss?
- You are in my thoughts and I am here for you.
- Sending you my deepest condolences for the loss of your loved one.
- I am so terribly sorry you’re having to go through this.
- You have the support and love from all those close to you at this time.
What do you write when someone passes?
What to Write in a Sympathy Card
- Our hearts are breaking for you.
- With sympathy and well wishes.
- Wishing you comfort during this dark time.
- With sympathy and love.
- In memoriam.
- With all our love.
- We are so sorry for your loss.
- Our prayers and thoughts are with you.
How do I post a tribute on Facebook?
In the bottom right of the cover photo click “manage.” A menu will open which will allow you to add a pinned post, respond to new friend requests, and change the profile picture and cover photo. Create a memorial post and pin it to the top of your loved one’s profile.
What is the best condolence message?
My deepest condolences to you and your family. I hope that these flowers bring you some peace. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your loved one.
How do I say condolence message?
Simple Condolence Messages
- My/our condolences on the passing of your father/mother/friend.
- Please accept our sincerest condolences. We are thinking of you.
- I was so sad to hear of your loss. My condolences.
Never post anything, however well-intentioned or sweet, until you’re sure those closest to the deceased have been informed. … If you didn’t have a deep relationship with the deceased, you should probably stick to a simple comment of condolences on a family member’s social media status, not a stand-alone post of your own.
But announcing the death on social media, through an obituary, or in a newspaper is a necessary step. Social media allows us to communicate rapidly and widely. You may not know every person your loved one had a relationship with, so making an announcement online is an efficient way to reach people.