In case the Activate Restricted mode is greyed out, click on ‘Unlock Restricted mode on this browser option’ present below the same setting. You will need to enter your Google account password. Enter the password. Reload your browser, and Restricted mode should be turned off.
Why can’t I turn off restricted mode on YouTube?
YouTube Restricted Mode won’t turn off
- Disable Google Family Link.
- Check YouTube content restrictions.
- Disable VPN app.
- Disable firewall software.
- Change Primary and Alternate DNS.
- Clear browser cache.
- Log out of Google account.
Why is my YouTube stuck on restricted mode?
Why is my Youtube stuck in restricted mode? The account holder has locked the restricted mode if the toggle switch is greyed out and cannot click it. To unlock restricted mode, you’ll need your account password.
How do I remove my YouTube from restricted mode?
- Sign in to your account.
- On the top right, tap your profile icon .
- Tap Settings. Account.
- Tap Restricted Mode to turn it on or off.
Why is restricted mode always on?
The two most probably causes. You have some Internet Safety software installed, often some of the anti-virus programs include other features to help protect you from various threats. The software can actually activate and lock YouTube’s restricted mode.
How do I disable restricted mode on YouTube Chromebook?
Turn Restricted Mode on or off
- Click your profile picture .
- Click Restricted Mode.
- In the top-right box that opens, click Activate Restricted Mode to on or off.