Depending on your needs, you can either hide your profile from specific users or you can configure your profile to be invisible to everyone except friends or friends of friends. On the other hand, if you only want to hide your profile when you are signed out, you can do so by deactivating your account.
Can you hide yourself from someone on Facebook without blocking them?
There are two ways to accomplish this: The easiest way is to add someone to your Acquaintances (Read instruction here for using the Acquaintances list for distancing yourself from a FB friend) The other method is to un-follow a person and then add them to your Restricted Read on if you’d like to try this method.
Can you be invisible on Facebook?
Visit Facebook.com, log in to your profile and click ‘Account’ in the top-right corner. From there, choose ‘Privacy Settings. ‘ … This new page will load a number of different privacy options, but you’ll want to click through each one and change the setting to ‘Only Me’ so that nobody else can see your Facebook activity.
How do I hide my profile from someone on Facebook?
How Do I ‘Hide’ My Personal Facebook Account?
- Login to your Facebook profile, and click the arrow in the upper right corner of the Facebook page. Then, click “Settings”.
- In the menu on the left, click “Privacy”. …
- Under the “Your Activity” section, edit “Who can see your future posts?” and change it to “Only me”.
How do you block someone without blocking them?
Create a contact for the phone number you want to block and assign the silent ringtone to it. Now, when you get a call from that number, your phone will ring with silence (silently ring). As you won’t hear anything you won’t know you’ve got a call and have therefore effectively blocked the call.
How can I be anonymous on Facebook?
Follow the steps below to set up your anonymous Facebook page.
- Create a Burner Email or Phone Number.
- Create a Facebook Account.
- Start Adding Friends.
- Check Your Privacy Settings.
- Never Use Your Real Name on Your New Facebook Page.
- Keep Your Personal Details Off Your Bio.
- Don’t Interact With Other Users Publicly.
How do I limit what a friend sees on Facebook?
Go to the profile of the person you want to add to the restricted list. Now look for the button that says Friends at the top of their profile and tap on it. Then Select and tap on the Edit Friend List. Select Restricted and tap on it to add your friend to the Restricted list.
When I restrict someone on Facebook What happens?
When you add someone to your Restricted list, you’ll still be friends with them on Facebook, but they’ll only be able to see your public information (example: your posts and profile info you choose to make public) and posts you tag them in.
How can you tell if someone has restricted you on Facebook?
How to Tell if You’re on Someone’s Facebook Restricted List
- If there’s empty space at the top of their profile, it could be due to a gap between public and private posts. …
- Browse their posts to see if all of them are set to public. …
- Have a mutual friend look at the profile and compare what you see.