The feature works with a new Message control option that appears in the settings of the Instagram app. To access it, you have to head over to Settings > Privacy > Messages and choose the ‘Only people you follow’ option given under ‘Allow New Messages Requests’ head.
Can you change who can message you on Instagram?
With Instagram Direct, you can choose who can send your account a message or add your account to group conversations. Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile. Go to your profile and tap in the upper right corner. … Privacy > Messages.
How do I change my DM settings on Instagram?
You can enable this feature from “Settings.” To do this, go to your “Profile” tab.
- Then, select the hamburger menu button from the top-right corner of the screen.
- Here, choose the “Settings” option.
- Now, select the “Update Messaging” option.
- Here, choose the “Update” button.
- The messaging feature has been updated.
How do I stop strangers from messaging me on Instagram 2020?
To disable DMs (direct messages) on Instagram, go to your settings, tap on “Privacy”, navigate to messages, tap on “Others on Instagram”, and select “Don’t receive requests”.
How do I stop strangers from messaging me on Instagram?
How to turn off Direct Message (DM) requests on Instagram 2021
- Open the Instagram app and tap the profile icon at the bottom-right corner.
- Tap the Menu icon at the top-right and select Settings.
- Go to Privacy and tap Messages.
- To stop getting spam DMs from unknown people, tap the “Others on Instagram” option.
How do I let everyone message me on Instagram?
Enabling Instagram Direct Messages from the Instagram App
- In the Instagram App, switch to the applicable profile.
- Tap your profile icon in the bottom right.
- Tap the context menu (three lines) in the top right.
- Tap Settings > Privacy > Messages.
- Under the heading ‘Connected Tools’, toggle Allow Access to Messages on.
Can restricted accounts message me?
A restricted person can message you. However, their messages arrive in the Requests folder. You will not receive notifications when they message you. You will only be able to see their messages if you manually view your message requests.
Who can message me on Instagram?
Instagram allows you to communicate publicly and privately with followers, mutuals, and other Instagram users. That includes sending private messages to anyone. You don’t need to follow or be followed by that user to use the app’s private messaging feature, and no one can see these messages except the recipients.
Can someone DM me if im private Instagram?
Yes, you can send a message to anyone when you use Instagram Direct. If you send a message to someone who doesn’t follow you, it’ll appear as a request in their inbox.
How do I turn off Message requests?
To control who can send you a message request and where they send it to in your Messenger settings:
- Open your Messenger app.
- From Chats, tap your profile picture in the top left.
- From the menu, tap Privacy.
- Tap Message Delivery.
- Tap on the people you want to control messages for.
Can you disable messages on Instagram?
As mentioned, Instagram doesn’t allow you to turn off DMs altogether. However, you could choose to turn off notifications for both DMs and Message Requests. … To turn off notifications for messages, go to ‘Settings,’ tap on ‘Notifications.
How do I stop getting Message requests on Instagram?
Tap “Others on Instagram.” Under “Others on Instagram,” tap the “Don’t Receive Requests” option. Exit Settings by tapping back several times. You have now disabled message requests on Instagram.
Why do random accounts message me on Instagram?
2 They are bots or auto DM applications. probably you are using hashtags or location that is really relevant to them – they are trying to attract more and more followers to their profile, promote their business or social profiles, that’s why they are writing to you. been there, done that.