Facebook has begun updating Messenger so that users can send quoted replies to specific messages. Sending quoted replies is simple, just tap and hold on the specific message that you’d like to reply to and press the reply arrow to the right-hand side of the selection of reaction emoji.
How do you respond directly to a specific message?
If you’re replying to your own message, swipe left. Alternatively, you can press and hold a message and tap the “Reply” button. You’ll now see the original message show up on top of the text box. This means that your current response will be linked to the specific message.
Why can’t I reply to a specific message or conversation in Messenger?
The person you’re trying to message might have deactivated or deleted their account. Either the person you’re trying to message has blocked you or you’ve blocked them. You are participating in a group conversation, but the other participants have already left.
How do you reply to a specific message on Iphone?
How to reply to a specific message
- Open a Messages conversation.
- Touch and hold a message bubble, then tap the Reply button .
- Type your message, then tap the Send button .
How do you reply to a specific message on a team?
Reply to a specific message in chat
- On the left side of Teams, select Chat. to open the chat list.
- Find the chat you want, and then go to the message you want to reply to.
- Hover over the message and choose More options. > Reply.
Why can’t I reply to a specific message on Facebook?
If you see an error message saying “You can’t reply to this conversation,” it might be because: A message or something you shared goes against our Community Standards. … Messages you sent were marked as unwelcome. You blocked the person you’re messaging or they blocked you.
How do I respond to a messenger message?
Touch and hold the message that you want to react to. The emoji panel will open up, consisting of default six emojis. Tap on the Add (+) icon to react with any custom emoji. The emoji screen will open.
How do you reply to old messages on messenger?
How to reply to messages in Facebook Messenger
- Open a conversation in the Facebook Messenger app.
- Long-press on any message (including your own)
- Press the Reply arrow icon.
- Type your response (or add GIFs/images) and press send.
How do you reply to a specific message on Imessage on Mac?
In the Messages app on your Mac, select a conversation. Click and hold the message or attachment, then choose Reply (or use the Touch Bar). Enter your message in the field at the bottom of the window, then press Return on your keyboard or click the Send button .
Why can’t I reply to a specific message on Instagram?
Many Instagram users are unable to reply to messages because they haven’t updated the messaging feature. If you haven’t updated the messaging feature on Instagram, you won’t have the option to reply to messages. … If you don’t see the messaging update, you need to update the Instagram app.
How do you reply to a specific message on Mac Imessage?
Add a Tapback or inline reply
- Control-click the message to open a shortcut menu, then choose Reply.
- Or click a message bubble to select it, then press Command-R.
How do you reply to a message?
Reply to a message
- Open the Chat app or Gmail app .
- On the bottom, tap Chat or Spaces .
- Open a chat message or a space.
- If you’re in a space, below the message, tap Reply .
- Enter your message or select a suggestion. You can customize a suggested message before you send it.
- Tap Send .