How do I get automatic subtitles on Instagram?
To add automatic video captions to your Instagram story, tap the three dots (menu) in the bottom right of your story, and find Story Settings. Scroll down to Accessibility and tap the toggle beside Auto-Generated Captions. You can also find this system in your stickers.
Here’s how you can turn on live automatic captions:
- Go to YouTube.
- From the top right, click Create Go live.
- Choose Stream from the left-hand menu.
- Within stream settings, turn on Closed captions.
- Choose “Automatic captions” as the captions source.
- Select your video language.
How to Automatically Add Captions to Your Instagram Stories
- Step #1: Head to the Instagram Stories or Reels camera and either record or upload a video from your camera roll.
- Step #2: Once uploaded or recorded, tap the sticker icon.
- Step #3: Select the “Captions” sticker.
Once the caption is generated, you’ll be able to edit them in case of any inaccuracies, and you’ll also be able to change the font and styling of the text just like you would for any other stickers.
To get started, head to your Instagram settings and tap “Account”. Tap “Captions” and switch on “auto-generated captions”. Once you turn on auto-generated captions, you’ll also have to turn on auto-captioning in your IGTV settings too. To get started, upload your IGTV video as normal.
The automatic captions feature is available when you record a video for your Instagram Story. The captions are actually one of the many “stickers” you can add to a Story. Instagram automatically transcribes what you say, but it can be edited as well.
Go to Instagram settings and tap “Account” Tap “Captions” and switch on “auto-generated captions” Turn on auto-captioning in your IGTV settings, too. Upload your IGTV video as normal.
You have Exceeded the Maximum Characters and Hashtags Limit. As of 2021, the maximum number of characters that can be used in a single Instagram caption is 2200 characters long and can contain up to 30 hashtags in the caption.
How to Add Auto-Generated Captions To IGTV
- Go to Instagram settings and tap “Account”.
- Click “Captions” and toggle on “Captions”.
- Once you turn on auto-generated captions, you’ll also have to turn on auto-captioning in your IGTV settings too.
- Upload your IGTV video as normal.
How do I put auto text on a reel?
Step 1: Go to your Instagram account and click on your profile with the + sign. Once the camera appears, click on the Reels option. Step 2: Start recording something, and don’t forget to speak while you record. Once done, click on the sticker option and choose the caption.
To use the feature, creators will first record a new video using the Stories or Reels Camera in the Instagram app, or select a video to upload from their phone’s gallery. Then, you’ll open the sticker tray and look for the new “Captions” sticker, which will convert your speech to text.