Should I use Facebook detailed targeting?
No, you should not use Facebook’s Detailed Targeting Expansion. If it does anything at all, it just massively inflates the size of your target audience. As my examples show it increases both targeted and broad interests to a worldwide audience of 2.1 billion people.
What should be included in detailed targeting on Facebook?
These detailed targeting options may be based on:
- Ads they click.
- Pages they engage with.
- Activities people engage in on Facebook related to things like their device usage, and travel preferences.
- Demographics like age, gender and location.
- The mobile device they use and the speed of their network connection.
How do you target effectively on Facebook ads?
8 powerful Facebook ad targeting strategies for 2019 and beyond
- Find your unicorn content. …
- Target your competitors’ fans using Audience Insights. …
- Use Custom Audiences for remarketing. …
- Target people similar to existing customers with Lookalike Audiences. …
- Get ultra-precise with layered targeting (aka “Narrow Further”)
When should I use detailed targeting expansion?
Targeting expansion can help improve your campaign performance by allowing our system to reach a broader group of people than you defined in your detailed targeting selections. You can use this option when you want us to show your ad to additional people who we think would get you more and/or cheaper results.
What should I exclude from Facebook ads?
Types Of Audience Exclusion
- Exclude existing customers from your target audience. This is the main type of audience exclusion. …
- Exclude website visitors or people who have performed an action you care about. …
- Exclude audience that you target in a different campaign.
What is the best audience size for Facebook Ads 2020?
Facebook typically recommends a source audience of between 1,000 and 50,000 people. In other words, your source audience should be made up of your best customers in order for you to produce better results.
What does narrow audience mean?
1 small in breadth, esp. in comparison to length. 2 limited in range or extent. 3 limited in outlook; lacking breadth of vision. 4 limited in means or resources; meagre.
How do you do detailed targeting on Facebook?
Refine your audience
After choosing a campaign objective, go to your ad set and select your Audience preferences first by location, age, gender and language, then by Detailed Targeting.
What is narrow audience in Facebook ads?
So how can you narrow down your Facebook target audience to include fewer people who’d be more interested in your offer? You can optimize your Facebook audiences by clicking on the “Narrow Audience” button under the Interests section. Once you click on this button, you can add another layer of interests.
What is the best audience for Facebook ads?
To Facebook, people who’ve been on your website in the past are the best audience segment to show your ads to. If it’s not a re-engagement or retargeting campaign, but an acquisition one — the warm traffic won’t be relevant. This is something beginners often overlook.
How do you target the right audience?
7 Ways to Determine Your Target Audience
- Analyze Your Customer Base and Carry Out Client Interviews. …
- Conduct Market Research and Identify Industry Trends. …
- Analyze Competitors. …
- Create Personas. …
- Define Who Your Target Audience Isn’t. …
- Continuously Revise. …
- Use Google Analytics.
What is Facebook detailed targeting expansion?
Targeting Expansion enables Facebook’s ad algorithms to show your ads to a broader potential audience than those who fit your specific ad targeting selections. “You can use this option when you want us to show your ad to additional people who we think would get you more and/or cheaper results.
How do you turn on detailed targeting expansion for your audience?
To use targeting expansion, go to your ad set, then Audiences. Find the Detailed Targeting section, then click to check the box next to the “Expand detailed targeting” option. Check the box to enable targeting expansion.
Should I turn on lookalike expansion?
Not only can Audience Lookalike Expansion help with scale and reach, but it can also increase your conversions up to 2x. … Audience Lookalike Expansion is an excellent tactic to find those new audiences that look just like your ideal buyer—making it one of my favourite StackAdapt features.