How do I make my Facebook completely private?
How to Make a Facebook Profile Private
- Open the browser on your computer and go to the Facebook page.
- Log in to your account.
- Look for the arrow icon on the top right of the screen.
- Tap on “Settings.”
- Look at the menu on the left.
- Press “Privacy.” Doing so will open the “Privacy” tab on the right.
What is the best privacy setting?
What are the best privacy settings for my computer and smartphone…
- Computer Privacy.
- Smartphone Privacy.
- Turn off location services. That prevents apps from tracking your location.
- Don’t let apps share data. …
- Enable privacy settings on apps you download. …
- Be careful with social logins.
Select “Privacy & Settings” once you’re logged into your account. There you’ll have access to various settings such as Account, Privacy, Ads, and Communications. Your main “Account” section lets you manage login and security, such as your contact information and setting up two-factor authentication. 2.
Good privacy settings help ensure that you have control over who you ‘friend’. Not sharing the password, setting your profile to private and not accepting friend requests from random people are good standard practices.
Controlling your privacy settings in social media
- the time you made the post.
- your location when you made the post.
- links to your social media profile.
- personal details about yourself, including contact information, birthday or gender.
- links to the friends or other people you’ve connected with.
How can I lock my Facebook profile from others?
Lock Facebook profile via mobile app
- Open the Facebook app and tap on your profile.
- Tap the three dot menu icon next to ‘Add to Story’
- Here, you should see a Lock Profile option, tap on it.
- The next page will give you a brief on how it works with an option to Lock Your Profile at the bottom, tap on it.
How do I erase my Facebook account?
To delete your account:
- Click in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings & Privacy > Settings.
- Click Your Facebook Information in the left column.
- Click Deactivation and Deletion.
- Choose Permanently Delete Account then click Continue to Account Deletion.
How can I lock my FB profile pic?
Click on your profile picture to view it. Click on the options to the bottom left and click on “Turn on Profile Picture Guard” from the popup. Once this is done, your Facebook profile picture will be locked with a badge indicating that the profile picture is locked.