You will have to go to your privacy settings on your account and choose “only me” on who can see your likes and comments on public posts. It doesn’t mean your comment won’t be visible to all who see your comment on that post, but your Facebook friends will not be notified of your comment/like.
How do you comment on Facebook without notifying friends?
Afraid to Comment in Facebook? Turn Off Notifications!
- Step 1 – Go to your Account Settings in the “Account” tab in the upper right hand corner of Facebook. …
- Step 2 – Click on the “Notifications” tab. …
- Step 3 – Scroll down and in the “Wall Comments” section, uncheck the “Comments After me on a Wall story.”
Why do people get notified when I comment on Facebook?
Most Facebook notifications tend to be a result of your own interactions with the site. You get notifications because you comment on posts, join groups or follow pages. … Screen time apps can help limit your Facebook time so you’re less tempted to idly browse.
How do I stop my comments showing up on friends news feed?
Click the “Edit” button next to each app and then click the audience selector next to the “Posts on your behalf” option. Select who these posts should be visible to or click “Only Me” to prevent them from appearing on anyone’s news feed.
Can my friends see when I comment on someone’s post?
However, your friends will see a comment if they can also see the photo. For example, if you comment on a friend’s photo, only mutual friends will see the comment on your wall, but if you comment on a photo on a public page or a friend’s profile that is open to the public, everyone will see the comment on your wall.
How do I stop friends from being notified when I post comment in a group?
You will have to go to your privacy settings on your account and choose “only me” on who can see your likes and comments on public posts.
- Click at the top right of Facebook and select Settings.
- Click Notifications in the left column.
- Click On Facebook.
- Next to Close Friends activity, select On or Off.
Who can see if I comment on a post?
If your privacy settings allow your activity to be publicly visible, everyone can see your comment. If, however, your privacy settings allow only your friends to see your posts, the comment will be visible only to them.
Do you get a notification if someone likes a comment on your post?
When someone likes your Instagram comment, you will get a notification just like you would when someone mentions you or leaves a comment on your photo.
How can you see who mentioned you on Facebook?
Seeing mentions of your page is easy.
- Go to your Facebook page. Make sure you’re logged in and that you are a page admin.
- At the top of your page, click Notifications.
- On the left-hand side of the next screen, click Activity.
- In the drop-down box click Mentions.
How do I hide my likes and comments from friends news feed?
How to hide your likes on Facebook
- Log into your Facebook account and navigate to your personal page.
- On the toolbar under your cover photo, hover over “More” and then click “Likes” from the dropdown menu.
- Click the pencil icon, then select “Edit the Privacy of Your Likes.”
Who can see my likes and comments on Facebook?
Reactions & Comments
Anyone who can see a certain post will also be able to see any reactions or comments people have made on it, including if you’ve reacted or commented. The person who posts something has control over the audience who can see it.