Tap the share icon from a Tweet on your Home timeline or from a Tweet detail. From the pop-up menu, select Share Tweet via… To send via SMS, select your SMS application and add the contacts you wish to send the Tweet to.
Can you still tweet via text?
The ability to tweet via text was important to Twitter in the service’s early days, but it’s more of a legacy feature at this point since most people rely on the smartphone app. The feature still exists, though, allowing you to text a number, such as 40404, and have that message posted to your account.
How do you send a tweet to someone not on Twitter?
Share a Tweet with someone not yet on Twitter
Tap the share icon on a Tweet and send it to someone.
How do I use Twitter SMS?
How to use your SMS-created account on web
- Click the link that says Activate your account, next to Already using Twitter via text message?
- Enter your phone number when prompted.
- Twitter will send a verification code to your phone.
How do I get tweets texted to my phone?
In This Article
- Click the gear icon in the top-right corner of your Twitter.com home screen.
- Click Settings in the drop-down menu. …
- Click the Mobile tab.
- Select your country/region, enter your mobile phone number in the text field, and then click the Activate Phone button.
How do you direct tweet someone?
Click Messages in the left navigation bar. You’ll see your Direct Message history. Click the New message icon at the top. In the address box, enter the name(s) or @username(s) of the people you wish to send a message to.
How do I send tweet?
Posting a tweet
- To post a tweet, select the New Tweet button near the top of the screen.
- The tweet box will appear. You can type what you want to post, then select Tweet. …
- The tweet will be shared publicly, along with anyone who follows you on Twitter. It’ll also appear at the top of your timeline.
What is Twitter’s SMS number?
Whenever they tweet, you’ll get it as an SMS message on your phone. It’s just as easy to set alerts from your phone. Send ‘on [username]’ or ‘off [username]’ to 40404 in the US.
What is the difference between tweeting and texting?
Twitter is one of the technological crazes that are taking over the world. Probably the most well-known difference between the two is their respective character limits; twitter is set at 140 characters while texting is at 160 characters. …
What is SMS command?
SMS Commands are sent as texts to the phone number of the SIM card on the controller. For commands using a PIN, the format of the text is: ****.command or **** command. where **** is the PIN and “command” is the command, that is, the PIN followed by either a space or a full stop.
How do you get tweets as text messages on Iphone?
Send GO from your phone as a text message to 40404. You’ll receive a text message from Twitter confirming that your device has been verified and SMS alerts have been enabled. Refresh the page until you see your phone number listed. Turn on SMS device updates for your Twitter.com account and then click Save Changes.