To choose a legacy contact, open up your Facebook account and go to Settings > Security > Legacy Contact. Click Edit, type in your friend’s name, and click Add.
How do I memorialize my Facebook account 2021?
Jump ahead to these sections:
- Step 1: Familiarize Yourself with Memorialization.
- Step 2: Go to Memorialization Settings in Settings.
- Step 3: Choose a Legacy Contact (or Become One)
- Step 4: Clean Up the Account.
- Step 5: Serve as Legacy Contact.
- Requesting Memorialization on Behalf of Someone Else.
Can you memorialize your own Facebook account?
In order to set your account so that it can be memorialized after you pass, you need to appoint a legacy contact. This would be any friend or family member who you trust to tend to your wishes.
How do I Unmemorialize a Facebook account?
How to Request the Deletion of a Memorialized Account
- Step 1: Submit proof of relationship. Facebook will need verifiable proof that you are an immediate family member or the executor. …
- Step 2: Submit proof of death. …
- Step 3: Request deletion. …
- Step 4: Submit request. …
- Step 5: Confirm deletion.
How long does it take to memorialize a Facebook account?
For proof of death, Facebook will accept an obituary or memorial card. It can take Facebook up to 90 days to delete everything. Except messages the deceased person sent to friends, which stay in those accounts. In the end, whether a page is memorialized or deleted, either is better to leaving it unchanged at death.
How do I create a legacy page on Facebook?
Updated mobile browser experience
- Tap in the top right of Facebook.
- Scroll down and tap Settings.
- Tap Personal Information, then tap Account Ownership and Control.
- Tap Memorialization settings.
- Tap Choose Legacy Contact and follow the on-screen instructions.
Why can’t I memorialize a Facebook account?
If Facebook is made aware that a person has passed away, it’s our policy to memorialize the account. Please keep in mind that it’s always against the Facebook Terms to log into another person’s account. We’ll only be able to give you access to an account if we can verify that it’s your own account.
Who can memorialize a Facebook account?
If a friend has passed away, you or their family can memorialize their Facebook account. Memorialized accounts don’t appear in ads, birthday reminders or as suggestions for People You May Know. Memorialization is a big decision. Before requesting memorialization, we recommend reaching out to the person’s family.