Go to the Delete Your Account page from a mobile browser or computer. If you’re not logged into Instagram on the web, you’ll be asked to log in first. You can’t delete your account from within the Instagram app. Select an option from the dropdown menu next to Why are you deleting your account?
Can I delete the Instagram app?
No. Uninstalling or deleting the app will not permanently delete your account. It will merely remove the app from your phone.
How do I permanently delete my Instagram account on my iPhone?
Deleting an Instagram account from iPhone
- Open Safari on your iPhone.
- Go to the Delete Your Account page.
- Log into your account.
- Using the drop-down menu, select the reason that you are choosing to delete your account.
- Re-enter your password.
- Click ‘Permanently delete my account,’ then click again to confirm.
How do I permanently delete my Instagram account 2020?
Step-By-Step Guide: How to Delete Your Instagram Account
- Log in to your account on the Instagram website.
- Go to Instagram’s ‘Delete Your Account’ page. Select from the drop-down menu your reason for leaving.
- Enter your password and click ‘Permanently delete my account’.
- Your Instagram account is now deleted.
What happens if I delete the Instagram app?
Uninstalling Instagram App from your mobile doesn’t do any harm to your profile. People can still search for your profile and view it. However, if you delete your Instagram account permanently, searching for your username will not fetch up your profile.
How do I delete my Instagram app 2021?
How to Remove an Instagram Account From the Android App
- Open the “Instagram” app.
- Confirm that you’re currently on the account that you want to log out of.
- Tap your “profile icon” in the bottom-right corner.
- Tap the “hamburger icon” at the top-right corner.
- Choose “Settings.”
- Select “Log Out.”
How do I permanently delete my Instagram account on Android?
How to delete your Instagram account permanently
- From a browser, go to Instagram’s dedicated page for deleting accounts.
- If you are not logged in, you will have to do so.
- Select your reason for deleting the account.
- Re-enter your password.
- Select the button stating: Delete [username].
- Your account is now gone.
To delete your Instagram account on your phone or tablet, open Instagram and tap the profile icon at the bottom-right corner. Tap the menu at the top-right corner and select Settings. Tap Help in the menu, and then select Help Center. Tap Managing Your Account to open your account options, then tap Delete Your Account.