Type “@” and then the Page’s or group’s name. Select a name from the list that appears. Keep in mind that depending on a Page’s settings, you may not be able to mention it. When you mention a person, Page or group in a post or comment, a link is created.
How do you say you are with someone on Facebook?
How to mention someone in a status on the Facebook website
- Start typing your status and hit “@” followed by the person’s name. …
- Choose the correct friend or page from the list. …
- Choose the “Tag Friends” icon when creating a new status.
How do you include someone in a Facebook post?
Create a new post or select an existing post that you’d like to tag someone in. Type ‘@’ followed by the person’s name you want to tag in the post or comment. When the name appears in the drop-down menu, click it. Press ‘Share’ to post and send a notification to the user you’ve tagged.
How do you mention someone in a post?
To mention a person, Page, or group, you have to type an @ in front of who you want to mention. You can type the whole name out, or select from the drop-down list that appears. You can also completely type out the person’s name with a capitalized first letter.
How do I tag someone in an old Facebook post?
It’s pretty straightforward:
- Go to your timeline and open the post you want to tag.
- If it’s a photo, tap on the tag icon at the top of the screen. Then tap the part where you want the tag to appear and enter the page name.
- If it’s a shared post or status update, tap the three horizontal dots in the upper-right corner.
How do I remove myself from being mentioned in a comment on Facebook?
How to untag yourself on Facebook
- Start by opening Facebook in a browser or launching the Facebook app.
- Find the post you have been tagged in.
- At the top right of the post, beside the name of the person who posted it, click the three-dot menu.
- In the menu, choose “Remove tag.”
- You’ll see a confirmation dialog.
What does it mean to tag someone on Facebook?
A tag is a special kind of link. When you tag someone, you create a link to their timeline. The post you tag the person in may also be added to that person’s timeline. For example, you can tag a photo to show who’s in the photo or post a status update and say who you’re with.
Why won’t Facebook let me tag someone in a post?
You might tag someone on Facebook, but it doesn’t show up because they removed the tag. Maybe you’re trying to tag a Page in an update, but it’s not working because that Page doesn’t allow others to tag it. Maybe you tried to tag your own Page on someone else’s photo, but they have tag review turned on and rejected it.