If your account is private, your Instagram Stories will only be viewable to people who follow you. Other users’ private Instagram Stories can’t be shared.
Can you repost a private Instagram story?
Like many of Instagram’s reposting features, you can only repost someone’s photos or videos if their account is public. If the user has a private account, you can still share the post by sending it as a Direct Message to someone, but you won’t have the option to add it to your Story.
How to share an Instagram post to your story from your feed
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Locate the post you want to share in your Instagram story on your feed.
- Tap the paper airplane icon.
- The “share” menu will appear. …
- The photo or video post will automatically upload as a story draft.
What happens when you repost a private story on Instagram?
If you’ve been mentioned in an Instagram Story and want to repost it, you can do so by tapping the notification in your inbox. You’ll even have the chance to add text, GIFs, and stickers. Once republished, the original poster’s username will be visible on your Story and will link directly to their profile.
Can you make a private Instagram story public?
You can’t make your daily stories or story highlights public with a Private account.
The main reason why you can’t share someone else’s Instagram Story is that you’re not tagged in it. Namely, Instagram allows you to reshare a Story only if you were tagged in it by the person who posted it. … The Story expired – as you know, Instagram Stories last for 24 hours.
How do you repost a private Instagram post?
How to repost on Instagram Stories
- Find the post you want to share.
- Click the airplane share icon.
- Tap Add post to story. The Instagram Story will appear in edit mode with the post’s photo embedded in the center. …
- Add what you’d like to the Story and then tap Your Story to post it.
How do you repost someone’s story on your story?
To repost someone’s photo or video as your Instagram story, follow these steps.
- Open Instagram and select the photo or video that you want to repost.
- Hit the Share icon right below the post > tap Add Post to Your Story > tap Your story.
Can you repost someone’s close friends story?
Instagram now allows reposting other people’s Stories, but only when the user themself is mentioned in it. When tagged in a friend’s story, they’ll have the option to repost it instantly — a feature that’s oddly been missing from the service since it was launched.
Tap the story you want to share. Tap Share at the bottom of the screen. Tap Your Story or choose the people you want to share it with, then follow the on-screen instructions to finish sharing your story.